Less is more. Seriously.
Make and share this Marcella Hazan's Sugo Fresco Di Pomodoro recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 300 g tinned italian peeled plum tomatoes with juice, cut into large pieces with their juice
- freshly-cracked black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn by hand into small pieces
- 450 g pasta, of your choice cooked
- Put the oil and garlic in a saucepan and turn the heat to medium. When the garlic becomes coloured a pale gold, add the tomatoes and their juices and turn the heat down to very low. Cook, uncovered, until the oil floats free on top of the sauce, for about 20 minutes. Add salt and grindings of pepper and cook for another two to three minutes, stirring from time to time. Off the heat, stir in the torn basil leaves.
- Serve over your favourite, freshly-cooked, al dente pasta.