Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Less is more. Seriously.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 300 g tinned italian peeled plum tomatoes with juice, cut into large pieces with their juice
- freshly-cracked black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn by hand into small pieces
- 450 g pasta, of your choice cooked
- Put the oil and garlic in a saucepan and turn the heat to medium. When the garlic becomes coloured a pale gold, add the tomatoes and their juices and turn the heat down to very low. Cook, uncovered, until the oil floats free on top of the sauce, for about 20 minutes. Add salt and grindings of pepper and cook for another two to three minutes, stirring from time to time. Off the heat, stir in the torn basil leaves.
- Serve over your favourite, freshly-cooked, al dente pasta.
Less IS more. I used fresh basil right from the garden, and at the table topped the pasta with a bit of grated parmesan cheese. This was a family-pleaser too, I might add. (Apologies for the picture -- you probably never intended it to go on tricolor alphabet pasta!) Thanks, evelyn/athens! Made for ZWT4.
Nice change from the heavy sauces we're used to. Served atop a bed of fusilli lunghi this was an easy supper this evening. Made for ZWT4
Delicious pasta! I used fresh tomatoes and a lot less oil and didn't cook the sauce for very long. Portions are conservative for us big eaters! Yum and thanks, Evelyn.