Recipe by oaklandish
A deceptively simple, classic Mediterranean recipe from one of my fave chefs. Even better if you make fresh pasta, but dried pasta is super,too.
Top Review by JungleLove
I'm not going to rate this, because I replaced the cream with soymilk. Obviously, the lemon juice coagulated it, but once most of the liquid evaporated away, it turned into a creamy like ricotta sauce. Not nearly as good as using heavy cream but certainly much healthier. I also added salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. I was skeptical about decision to replace the cream, and I wouldn't reccommend it, but if you don't think you'll mind its still pretty tasty. Thanks!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 lemons, zest of, finely chopped, No Pith, just the yellow part
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for the table
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, bring the cream and butter to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the lemon juice and the zest and reduce the volume by almost half.
- Remove from heat.
- Have your cooked and drained pasta (I like fettucine for this one -- ) ready to go.
- Add the pasta to your skillet with the sauce and toss to coat over medium heat.
- Add the cheese and toss for a few more seconds.
- Serve with additional cheese.
- Note: Marcella calls for the zest of 4 (!) lemons, but I thought it a bit over the top -- just me.