1/1 Photo of Marc Veyrats Pumpkin Soup With Bacon-Flavoured Whipped Cream
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This is another one of my adopted recipes.Marc Veyrat is a famous French chef. This recipe is very simple, but has a lot of flavour through the whipped cream topping. It is so easy to prepare, that even beginners would succeed. In his restaurant, it is served in small pumpkins. The French name of the recipe is "Soup de potiron, fleurette au gout de lard"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 150g of cream with the bacon, bring to a boil and reduce to a thick liquid, strain, leave to cool and preserve in the fridge.
- 2Throw away the bacon strips.
- 3Melt the butter, add pumpkin pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add the milk, salt and leave to cook (covered) for 30 minutes.
- 5Whip the remaining cream (very cold) rapidly until consistency of whipped cream.
- 6Incorporate the equally cold bacon cream.
- 7Keep the mixture in the fridge.
- 8After 30 minutes blend the pumpkin milk mixture.
- 9Adjust the seasoning by adding salt and maybe pepper.
- 10Serve this soup hot and top gently with a tablespoon of bacon cream.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marc Veyrats Pumpkin Soup With Bacon-Flavoured Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.0
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 414.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g