Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is sometimes called Millionaires shortbread, its very rich and sweet, it can also look really impressive since marbling chocolate is so easy.
- 255 g butter
- 110 g caster sugar
- 375 g plain flour
- 50 g butter
- 50 g light brown sugar
- 400 g condensed milk
- 75 g dark chocolate
- 75 g milk chocolate
- 75 g white chocolate
- Make the shortbread by mixing together the ingredients until they are crumbly.
- Press into a tin and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in the oven (180 C, 350 F, gas mark 4) for about 15minutes.
- Gently heat the ingredients for the toffee filling, until the mixture is a light golden brown. Stir continuously!
- Pour onto the cool shortbread.
- Allow to set.
- Melt the three chocolate types, and place blobs onto the toffee layer.
- Once most of the surface is covered, use a knife to swirl them together and create the marbled effect.
So good, so fancy looking and so sweet! I especially like the shortbread layer and marbling the topping. They look so impressive. Definitely for someone who has a sweet tooth. I'll probably lessen or eliminate the brown sugar from the toffee filling next time as the condensed milk is sweet by itself. Thanks for sharing, Giggling. Made for Spring PAC 2009.