Recipe by Sue Lau
Swirls of chocolate run throughout this cheesecake, which has a beautiful appearance. And the taste? Delectable.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
This is a luscious and company-worthy dessert, which I made for photo tag. I baked mine for 70 minutes and it was still slightly undercooked in the center. Be careful and check before taking it out. Otherwise I made it just as described and it is great.
For the Crust
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
For the Filling
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To prepare crust, place the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl; mix in butter using a pastry blender or a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fold in 2 tbsp of the melted chocolate (reheat on low temp if necessary, but do not scorch); reserve remaining chocolate.
- Press crust into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until light brown; cool.
- Reduce oven temp to 325.
- To prepare filling, using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy; add the flour and vanilla, blending well.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, using mixer on lowest setting, beating just until blended.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Put 1 3/4 cups of the filling into a separate bowl and stir in the reserved chocolate.
- Pour half of the plain filling into the pan with the crust; dot with spoonfuls of the chocolate filling.
- Top the rest with the remaining plain filling, then use a knife to swirl the chocolate filling around into the plain filling.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until center is about set; remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before removing sides from pan.
- Cool 2-3 hours, then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- Note: a shallow pan of water on the bottom shelf rack will help keep the surface of the cake moist and help prevent cracks.