Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious and beautiful coffee cake! I got the recipe from my great aunt, who says it's from Pillsbury Real Home Cooking.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 8-inch square pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In small bowl, combine flour and remaining coffee cake ingredients except preserves; blend at low speed until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Spread batter into greased and floured pan.
- Spoon preserves by teaspoonfuls over batter.
- Using knife, swirl preserves over top of batter to marble.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly.
- In small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients except almonds; beat until smooth.
- Frost warm cake; sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve warm.
I followed the recipe making in my food processor. Beating sugar with cream cheese and butter then adding rest of ingredients. The texture of the cake came out beautiful. The raspberry preserves turned a dark red to brown. This did taste good.