Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy, Very moist, yummy Autumn dessert cake. Recipe came from a local booklet of recipe favorites.
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- powdered sugar
- Combine pumpkin and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, sugar, oil and water in a large bowl.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir 2 1/2 cups batter into pumpkin mixture.
- Alternate plain and pumpkin batters into a 10 cup bundt or tube pan.
- Once done swirl mixture.
- Bake 375 degrees for 40- 45 minutes.
- When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This is getting 5 stars because it was fantastic even though I had problems. I thought it had fallen and decided to make a second dessert ... meanwhile this disappeared before the company arrived!
I can't believe I forgot to review this scrumptious cake! The only thing I did differently was to lightly spray the pan with nonstick spray as my pan was not nonstick, I then sprinkled cinnamon sugar over that to give a nice crunch and color to the crust. My cake did not raise very high, and I suspect the nonstick spray may have been the culprit there. But flavor...OH MY!!! This is one glorious cake. It is moist and flavorful with a wonderful natural taste to it. I was requested to keep this recipe handy to make it again soon.
The BEST bundt cake...No need for icing...cool whip or just a very light sprinkle of powdered sugar (just for appearance) is all that is needed...PERFECT taste for Fall, Thanksgiving or Christmas...Everyone will love it....Thank you so much for the recipe to make and to surely share...