Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A peanut butter and chocolate marble cake with a creamy marbled icing. Prep time includes cool time.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa, sifted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray bottom and sides of 13" x 9" pan with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter, milk, baking powder, salt, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds until well blended.
- Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of bowl so everything is mixed.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Spread about three cups of batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Mix the cocoa and baking soda into remaining batter until well blended.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the chocolate batter randomly on the peanut butter batter.
- Marble the batters by pulling a knife through the batters in S shaped curves in one direction, then turn and do S shaped curves across the lines done previously.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- About 1 hour.
- Stir together icing sugar and 1/3 cup butter in medium bowl.
- Stir in vanilla, milk and 1/4 cup peanut butter.
- Beat until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread the icing mixture evenly on the cake.
- Either drizzle the chocolate topping evenly over the top of the icing or put it on in stripes or teaspoonfulls and marble it using a knife drawn through the icing, first in one drirection at 1" intervals and then in the other.