Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook"
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 2 lbs white potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 8 ounces cream cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes in separate pots until soft enough to mash.
- Drain, saving 3/4 c cooking water from each potato pot.
- Mash potatoes and sweet potatoes, adding 4 oz cream cheese to each.
- Add cooking water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon potatoes, alternating each kind into shallow 2 and 1/2 quart microwave safe dish.
- Lightly mix with tip of fork.
- Either bake at 350 degrees, covered for 40 minutes to 1 hour, or microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Potatoes can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
I made this a few nights ago and it was delicious. I had the leftovers for lunch the next day. Today I bought the potatoes and cream cheese to make again in the next few days. I loved it!