Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Got this recipe in my inbox today. I am yet to make it.
Make and share this Marbled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Place eggs in a saucepan.
- Cover with cold water.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Let eggs cool for about 30 minutes.
- Don't peel the eggs but gently roll the eggs on the counter until they are cracked all over.
- Place eggs back into the saucepan.
- Cover with water and green food colouring.
- Stir gently.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Let eggs cool in the coloured water for 2-3 hours.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Peel and enjoy.
These are beautiful. I put 2 tablespoons of anis flavoring in the colored water and it gave the eggs a slight licorice taste.