Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
You will not believe how scrumptious this quick and easy bread is. Store it wrapped overnight before slicing.
- 314.66 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml milk
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease and flour a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 cup sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and oil and add to flour mixture.
- Stir by hand just until moistened.
- Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture, then draw a knife through batter to marble.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing.
Moist, tasty and very "cinnamony" as my 8 yr old described. He said it was a bread sensation:) LOL. My BF enjoyed as well. Im on a low carb diet so I only had a small piece. However, that small piece was amazing. Thanks for sharing:) VERY easy and quick!
this was a wonderful recipe. i made a couple changes. i added in 1 1/2 tablespoon of sour cream for more moisture and did brown sugar for half is asked for and the other regular sugar. also added in allspice and nutmeg and topped it off with chopped pecans. it took 55mins. after all was said and done it had a wonderful cakey texture but still wasn't sweet enough for my taste so i topped it off with honey. next time i'll try some raisins.
This was pretty good... nothing too special though. I baked 2 loaves, one in an 8x4 pan and one in a 9x5 pan, and the one in the smaller pan ended up looking better. Yum!