This is a fairly easy cake to make as it uses a mix with added ingredients. It is also a nice one to carry to things like bake sales and pot lucks as it does not have a sticky, messy icing.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in a medium size bowl for 1 minute, stir, then continue to heat it for 10-20 second bursts until stirs smooth and totally melted, set aside.
- Mix the rest of the items (except powdered sugar) together, beating on low speed until moist then on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Take 2 cups of the cake batter and stir into the melted chocolate.
- Using a greased bundt or round tube pan, spoon in the two batters alternately.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes; check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely before sprinkling with powdered sugar (right before serving).