Recipe by Annacia
Add a literal layer to your brownie baking with a cream cheese and pumpkin batter. On top? A crunchy sprinkle of walnuts.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I think most people who like brownies will have that special recipe they enjoy making, as do I, but these brownies of yours are very much extra special, at least in my book! We loved the chocolate-pumpkin-cream cheese combo & I thought the toasted nuts added so much to the overall flavor! Really a Fall kind of recipe, & I'll be making these again & again before the new year sets in! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My recipe]
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut up
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Grease the foil; set pan aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and the 1 tablespoon butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1/2 cup sugar. Beat until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in 1 egg, the pumpkin, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the cinnamon, and ginger until combined. Stir in the 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the 1 1/4 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine the chocolate and 3/4 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Gradually add the 2 1/4 cups sugar, beating with an electric mixer on low speed just until combined. Add the 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and the 2 teaspoons vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture in several mounds on top of the chocolate batter. Using a narrow metal spatula, gently swirl the cream cheese mixture into the chocolate batter. If desired, sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake about 60 minutes or until center is just set when pan is gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut brownies out of pan. Cut into brownies.
- To Store: Layer brownies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.