Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My long-time emergency recipe - start to finish about 30 minutes. Original recipe called for mint chocolate chips, which are not always available, but Andes mints can be used. Or they are fine with regular semi-sweet chips. Great served warm with vanilla ice cream. These don't last very long around my house.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water (I know, sounds ridiculous, use your own discretion)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 cup chocolate chips
- Beat first 8 ingredients together well.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Spread into greased 10x15 pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Place in 375 oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven; swirl chocolate chips with a knife.
- Return to oven; bake for an additional 15-18 minutes.