Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated, room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- In small saucepan over medium high heat, bring 2/3 cup milk to a boil; set aside.
- In container of blender, sprinkle gelatin over remaining 1/4 cup cold skim milk; let stand 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add boiling skim milk; cover and blend at low speed 2 minute.
- Add 3 T sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; blend at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add cottage cheese; blend at high speed until smooth.
- Remove 3/4 c mixture to use for marbling; chill until mixture begins to thicken.
- Combine 1 T sugar and cocoa; add to blender container and blend until mixed.
- Pour chocolate mixture into large bowl.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
- In small bowl with electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining 2 T sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold beaten whites into chocolate mixture; pour chocolate mixture into prepared crust.
- Spoon large dollops of vanilla mixture over chocolate; with knife or spatula, gently swirl to create marbled effect.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm, about 4 to 5 hours.
- Chocolate Crumb Crust In small bowl, combine crumbs and cocoa; add butter and stir until evenly blended.
- Press mixture evenly on bottom of 9 inches springform pan.