Recipe by c0dphish
This is a recipe that is for all of you cheesecake lovers. This is one of my favorite recipes that I picked up years ago at the grocery store. It's simple to make and great for potlucks.
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- 5 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (4 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- For cream cheese mixture, cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe container, melt together chocolate chips and butter.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and stir into chocolate mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch tart pan.
- Spread two-thirds of the chocolate mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- Top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Dollop the remaining chocolate.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture to create a marbled effect.
- Be careful not to overmix.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.