Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very pretty frosted like a cake with the top edge piped with a star tip. Found this recipe in a pack of recipes from Great American Home Baking. You can make the cheesecake up to 2 to 3 days in advance, frosting it the day you want to serve it.
- To prepare crust: In a medium bowl, mix together chocolate crumbs and melted butter until well blended.
- Press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- To prepare filling: In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and eggs at medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon half of cream cheese mixture into crust.
- Stir chocolate into remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended.
- Spoon over batter in crust.
- Run a butter knife (careful not to touch crust) in a"S" curve through batter ONCE.
- Bake cheesecake for 50 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- After cooled, transfer cheesecake to serving plate, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at at least 2hours.
- Uncover cheesecake; carefully remove the side of pan.
- To prepare frosting, in a small bowl, mix chocolate and sour cream.
- Spread over cheesecake.
- Chill briefly until frosting is set.
This is a totally fabulous cheesecake! Absolutely delicious! I really like how easy the chocolate frosting comes together. I decided to marble the frosting too, so I melted some white chocolate chips with a bit of sour cream (in the same manner as the frosting) dribbled it around and ran a knife lightly through it a few times. We really enjoyed this, thanks Sharlene.