Prep 7 mins
Cook 33 mins
This cake, besides tasting great, can be elegantly decorated with a bit of imagination.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a ovenproof 10-inch ring mold.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the beaten eggs, one a time, whisking well after adding each.
- Using a meal spoon, fold in the flour into the creamed mixture carefully.
- Then, place half of the flour mixture into a separated bowl.
- Fold in cocoa into one bowl and half of the orange juice, then mix gently.
- Fold in the rest of the orange juice, and orange rind into the other bowl, and mix gently.
- Place spoonfuls of each of the mixtures into the mold, then drag a skewer through the mixture to create that marbled effect.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until the cake has risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.