Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These brownies are great. They look fantastic and taste amazing. Preparation/cooking time does not include cooling time.
- 125 g butter, diced
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g white chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius (150 degrees fan forced).
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin, then line with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang on 2 sides.
- Place half of the butter and half of the sugar into one mixing bowl, then the other half of the butter and sugar into another bowl.
- Place dark chocolate into one of the bowls and white chocolate into the other.
- Bring two saucepans of water to a simmer. Place bowls over saucepans of simmering water, and stir each gently until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add one egg to each bowl, add vanilla to the white chocolate mixture. Whisk each mixture until combined.
- Sift half of the flour into each bowl and fold until combined.
- Drop alternating spoonfuls of each mixture into the prepared pan. Using the end of the spoon, gently swirl the mixture to give it a marbled effect. Be careful not to mix too much.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the centre is just firm. Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving.
These were amazing! Thanks micro_ang.