1/2 Photos of Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread (Vegan)
1 hr 10 mins
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
Doesn't marbling just make everything better? And in this case it combines the goodness of chocolate and banana together. I found this on the www.theppk.com. One of my favorite sites!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or your preferred non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons boiling water, divided
- 1Prepare boiling water, no need to measure yet. Also, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl until relatively smooth. It should take 3 average sized ones, but spoon the mashed ‘nanas into a measuring cup to make sure, then return to the mixing bowl. Beat in the sugar, canola oil, milk and vanilla.
- 3Now add the flour, baking soda and salt and gently mix just to incorporate. It’s okay if there is some flour still visible, just be careful not to overmix at this point.
- 4Scoop one cup of the batter up and transfer it to a separate mixing bowl. Now, in a small tea cup mix the cocoa powder with 3 tablespoons boiling water and stir vigorously with a fork until the chocolate is dissolved. Add this chocolate mixture to the one cup of banana and mix until the chocolate is thoroughly smooth and incorporated.
- 5Now back to the original plain banana batter; add 3 tablespoons of boiling water and mix the batter just until relatively smooth. (Unless your batter is already moist enough, then skip the extra water.).
- 6Here comes the fun part, it’s time to marble! Lightly grease an 8×4 loaf pan. Scoop alternate 1/2 cupfuls of chocolate/banana batter into the loaf pan. Nothing has to be precise here, in fact, the more random, the better. Once all of the batter is in, take a butter knife and swirl it through the batter in circular directions for about 10 seconds.
- 7Bake for 55 minutes. Use a butter knife to test for doneness. Let cool and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 337.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: