1/8 Photos of Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
For a light, tender crumb, be careful not to overmix the batter after adding the flour. Once all of the ingredients are mixed together, put in oven right away. If it sits for too long, the soda will start to lose its leavening power--so work quickly when melting chocolate. Discovered this delight in Cooking Light (low-fat version).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine flour, baking soda and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 3Place sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat with mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- 4Add banana, egg substitute, and yogurt; beat until blended.
- 5Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until moist.
- 6Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth.
- 7Cool slightly.
- 8Add 1 cup of batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined.
- 9Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 10Swirl batters together using a knife.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- 13Cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 170.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g