Cook1 hr 15 mins
For a light, tender crumb, be careful not to overmix the batter after adding the flour. Once all of the ingredients are mixed together, put in oven right away. If it sits for too long, the soda will start to lose its leavening power--so work quickly when melting chocolate. Discovered this delight in Cooking Light (low-fat version).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat with mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add banana, egg substitute, and yogurt; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Add 1 cup of batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined.
- Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Swirl batters together using a knife.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.