Very good. Ghirardelli.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces chocolate, broken into 1-inch pieces (Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bar)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (They are to go in the crust)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 3Combine flour, pecans, butter or margarine, and brown sugar; mix well.
- 4Press the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 8" or 9" square baking pan.
- 5Bake 15-16 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- 6Let cool while preparing batter.
- 8Melt the chocolate (broken into 1" pieces)in a double boiled over hot, but not boiling, water, water.
- 9Stir the chocolate occasionally until smooth.
- 10Set aside.
- 11In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- 12Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after.
- 13Remove 1 cup batter and reserve.
- 14Add the melted chocolate to the mixing bowl and combine.
- 15Spoon the chocolate batter over the crust.
- 16Pour the 1 cup of reserved plain batter over the chocolate batter.
- 17Using the blade of a butter knife, swirl the batter to create a marbled effect.
- 18Bake 30-35 minutes, or until center is set.
- 19Place the pan on wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- 20Cover, and transfer the pan to the refrigerator to chill, approximately 3 hours.
- 21Store in covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marbled Cheesecake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.3
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 101.6 mg
- Sodium 180.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g