Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Reading this recipe made my mouth water--I can't wait for a cool front to come our way so I can actually bake it! Vanilla and butterscotch batters marble together in a moist pound cake--yum! *From The Butterscotch Lover's Cookbook.*
Top Review by lesa33
I made this cake over the weekend. I followed the recipe. The taste was out of this world! But it got stuck in the pan. So I suggest making it in a 9 x 13 cake pan. Put the vanilla batter on the bottom and butterscotch batter on top. Garnish with Cool whip and butterscotch topping.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup good-quality butterscotch sundae sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ground butterscotch candy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease a Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until the sugar is completely incorporated.
- Blend in the eggs, then the milk and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to the creamed mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Transfer half the batter to a clean bowl; stir in the butterscotch topping, candy, and baking soda.
- Drop several tablespoons of the butterscotch batter into the prepared pan; cover with tablespoons of the vanilla batter.
- Continue layering the batters this way until all has been used.
- With a knife, gently swirl the batters together for a marbled effect.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the highest part of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, loosen edges with a butter knife, and invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.