1/2 Photos of Marbled Brownies
A rich, yummy brownie with a cream cheese swirl and a thin chocolate-y icing. Starts with a brownie mix, and makes a 9x13 pan. This is a recipe my mom has made for years. **Note: the 1 egg and 1/4 c. oil in ingredients is for the brownie mix I use; prepare your mix as directed on the box, if it calls for more or less oil, water, etc. **
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 19 1/2 ounces brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350* and grease 9x13 baking pan.
- 2Mix brownie mix as directed -- adding 1 egg and 1/4 cup oil, or whatever your mix's directions say. Set aside.
- 3Mix softened cream cheese and softened butter until creamy. Add sugar, 2 eggs, flour and vanilla.
- 4Pour half of brownie mix into greased pan. Pour all of cream cheese mixture over this; spoon remaining brownie mix on top, and spread as best you can - it will be thick and likely won't cover all of the cream cheese layer.
- 5Swirl together with a knife.
- 6Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes.
- 7For frosting: Melt margarine or butter. Add cocoa, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla; whisk until your desired thickness. Can add more powdered sugar for a thicker icing.
- 8*Hint: I sift the powdered sugar into the mixture; it helps prevent a 'lumpy' appearance since it's a thinner icing.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marbled Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 184.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g