Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Two favorites in one moist cakey bar. They really don't need icing, though if you like to guild the lily, cinnamon, coffee, or vanilla cream cheese icing is a nice choice!
Top Review by MTpockets
Found this recipe on Land O' Lakes site and was going to post it but it's already here! :) I loved these bars! They were almost like a cake rather than being dense like a bar, which was nice and they tasted great! They didn't last long in our house. Thank's!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- frosting, of choice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour a 13x9" baking pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add bananas, egg, and vanilla; blend well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend until mixed; don't overbeat.
- Drop 1 1/2 cups of the batter by spoonfuls into the prepared pan.
- To the remaining batter in the bowl, add cocoa powder; blend at low speed until mixed inches.
- Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter in the pan over the banana batter; gently swirl batters using a knife.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick tests done; cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars and dust with powdered sugar. Or, frost then cut into bars.