Recipe by bert
One of our students brought the finished product to school and I enjoyed it so much, I asked for the recipe. I have since made it at home and my whole family enjoyed it.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1.5 (1 ounce) pieces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine margerine, water and chocolate in saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in combined flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs and sour cream; mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 15x10x1" jelly roll pan.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing til well blended.
- Blend in egg.
- Spoon over chocolate batter.
- Cut through batter with a knife several times for marble effect.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375, 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.