Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Chocolate lovers heaven! All the whole recipe is prepared on a food processor. It is a brownie bottom with swirled in cake mix, The end result is a chewy brownie with golden swirls of cake mix in it, it looks fabulous and tastes even better lol! this whole recipe takes less than 10 minutes to put together...you will love this easy and delicious bar recipe. YES, no mistake, 2 cups of butter!! Make sure you purchase the super moist cake mix for this recipe.
Top Review by KelBel
These were delicious, however, they were not what I expected. I had hoped and expected a dense chocolate brownie layer with a cream cheese type swirl. Instead, the cake mix and the brownie layer were thin batters that baked up to look and taste like a chocolate vanilla swirl cake. I used real butter and 6 eggs in the brownie layer and 3 eggs in the cake layer (I used Betty Crocker French Vanilla) with 1/3 cup oil and 1 1/4 cups water. Once mixed together, it was a very thin batter. Additionally, the brownie layer, being made with 6 eggs, would have a cake-like texture. To get a more "fudgy" brownie, less eggs should be used it that layer. So, although this was a rich dessert, I would say it is a cake not a brownie bar. Oh, and the melted chocolate chips on the top were delicious..
- 1 (18 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix (I use Betty Crocker super moist or Duncan Hines)
- 2 cups butter (or 1 cup butter and 1 cup margarine) or 2 cups margarine, melted and cooled (or 1 cup butter and 1 cup margarine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, prepare the cake mix as stated on the box; spoon out into a bowl, do not wash the processor bowl.
- For the brownies: using the processor, blend the melted butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; blend/PULSE with the processor until combined (do not add in the chocolate chips, they are placed on top).
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Spoon/dollup the cake mix batter on top of the chocolate batter, and swirl in gently with a knife (just a bit, do not swirl too much!).
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the brownie part seems to be done, and the cake has risen, but is not getting too browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top while cake is hot.
- Let stand for 6-8 minutes, the spread with a knife.