Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Elegant brownies baked in 4' tartlets that serves 2 for a romantic dessert. What is better than chocolate to end a romantic dinner for two!?! You will need two 4-by-1 1/4-inch round fluted tartlet pans with removable bottoms for this recipe. Recipe was adapted from Michael Romano's Romantic Baking and adjusted to our tastes. MAKE AHEAD: The brownies can be refrigerated for 2 days if tightly wrapped in plastic. Reheat on a low temperature in the oven.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened (4 ounces)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- unsweetened cocoa, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Lightly butter and dust (use unsweetened cocoa powder) two 4-by-1 1/4-inch round fluted tartlet pans with removable bottoms.
- Slowly stir butter and chocolate over low heat in a small sauce pan until softened. Remove pan from the heat and let cool slightly. In a larger mixing bowl, whisk the egg with 6 tablespoons of the sugar until combined. Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and stir in the flour and salt. Spread the batter into the awaiting pans.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with the remaining sugar until smooth and creamy. Add egg yolk and vanilla to the cream cheese and mix until blended. Evenly spoon the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate batter in each pan. Swirl the batters together in 2-3 strokes with a fork.
- Bake the brownies for about 35 minutes at 325 degrees. The brownies should be lightly browned and slightly puffed, but should not be completely set in the center. Place the tartlets on a wire rack and allow setting before attempting to remove from the pan, at least 15 minutes. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.