Chocolate brownies with a contrasting swirl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
- 1Cream shortening and sugar till fluffy; beat in eggs just until blended.
- 2Mix in vanilla.
- 3Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into.
- 4creamed mixture.
- 5Spoon half of the batter into another bowl.
- 6Dissolve coffee crystals in the water; stir coffee and melted chocolate into remaining batter.
- 7Drop chocolate mixture from tablespoon checkerboard.
- 8fashion into greased 13"x9"x2" baking pan, and fill in the open spaces with light batter.
- 9Lightly swirl batters together with a spatula to marble (do NOT overmix).
- 10Bake at 350F for 22-25 minutes, and immediately sprinkle milk chocolate pieces over top.
- 11Let stand 2-3 minutes to melt; spread chocolate evenly over brownies, and sprinkle with almonds.
- 12Cool; cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marble Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 34.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g