Delicious chocolate brownies with a cream cheese cake swirl. They will get eaten as fast as you can bake them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 ounce) package Baker's German's chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1Melt chocolate and 3 of the tablespoons of butter in a small sauce pan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- 2Cool and set aside.
- 3Blend remaining butter with cream cheese until softened.
- 4Gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar, beating well.
- 5Blend in 1 egg, 1 Tbs flour, and 1/2 tsp vanilla; set aside.
- 6Beat 2 eggs until thick and light in color.
- 7Gradually add 3/4 cup of sugar, beating until thickened.
- 8Add baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup of flour.
- 9Blend in cooled chocolate mixture and nuts, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp almond extract.
- 10Spread 1/2 the chocolate batter in a greased 8 or 9-inch square pan.
- 11Add cheese mixture, spreading evenly over the chocolate batter.
- 12Top with tablespoons of the remaining chocolate batter dotted all over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- 13Zigzag a wide knife through the batter to marble swirl it.
- 14Bake at 350ºF for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed in the center.
- 15Cool cut in bars or squares.
- 16Makes 16 to 20.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marble Cream Cheese Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (767 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 110.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g