Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious chocolate brownies with a cream cheese cake swirl. They will get eaten as fast as you can bake them.
- 1 (4 ounce) package Baker's German's chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Melt chocolate and 3 of the tablespoons of butter in a small sauce pan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cool and set aside.
- Blend remaining butter with cream cheese until softened.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar, beating well.
- Blend in 1 egg, 1 Tbs flour, and 1/2 tsp vanilla; set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs until thick and light in color.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup of sugar, beating until thickened.
- Add baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup of flour.
- Blend in cooled chocolate mixture and nuts, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp almond extract.
- Spread 1/2 the chocolate batter in a greased 8 or 9-inch square pan.
- Add cheese mixture, spreading evenly over the chocolate batter.
- Top with tablespoons of the remaining chocolate batter dotted all over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Zigzag a wide knife through the batter to marble swirl it.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed in the center.
- Cool cut in bars or squares.
- Makes 16 to 20.