Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the combination of orange and chocolate. I was so excited when I saw this recipe is our local Sunday paper. I wasn't disappointed when I made them they are delicious.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 ounces melted chocolate
- Cream sugar and butter, add eggs and salt and beat again.
- Add 3 cups flour and baking powder.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Seperate dough, putting half in another bowl.
- To one half add orange zest and orange juice.
- To the other half add the melted chocolate.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup flour to dough with the orange juice to right consistency.
- Place the chocolate dough on top of light dough and roll together on lightly floured surface, until very thin (1/8 inch).
- Cut with cutter of choice.
- Bake in 350 oven for 8 to 10 minutes.