Recipe by Chef Doozer
My family has made these for generations. They're also known as "chocolate nut revels". We always make them at Christmas time. They not only taste great, but they're pretty too.
Top Review by brokenburner
My dough turned out to be much too thick to drop onto the cookie sheets; I had to roll them into balls by hand. And they weren't really marbleized, more like chocolate cookies. I think that it would have worked out better to mix the chocolate with half of the dough, and then roll a bit of chocolate dough and plain dough together by hand. I was a bit surprised that there were no eggs in this recipe! I omitted the pecans, due to a "taster's" allergy... on average they rated this three stars.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt together the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and flour.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Swirl slightly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten with a greased glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.