Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I got this out of a pretty old cookbook, but never tried it. I hope to try it soon, but haven't had the time to bake one!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted, divided
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In small bowl, all crust ingredients.
- Mix well with a fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons melted chocolate chips.
- Reserve remaining chocolate.
- Press crumb mixture in the bottom of a pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 325°F.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons flour, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups filling and place in small bowl; stir in melted chocolate.
- Pour 1/2 of the plain filling into pan, top with 8 spoonfuls of chocolate mix.
- Pour remaining plain filling on top; drizzle the rest of the chocolate filling on top.
- Swirl filling with a table knife to get a marble effect.
- Place springform pan in a larger pan, add boiling water to the inside of the large pan.
- Place both pans in the oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours (temp. should be 325°F) or until center is set.
- Cool 10 minutes; run knife around edge of the pan to loosen.
- Remove sides of pan and cool 2 hours.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.