Recipe by KristinV
I bought a new benchtop mixer and wanted to make something quick, easy but still special. I saw a recipe for an old favourite, the marble cake but as a vegan I needed to make some changes... So here it is for everyone else to enjoy! Frost as desired or simply sprinkle with icing sugar!
- 125 g vegan margarine
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- egg substitute (to equal 2 eggs as per instructions)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (vegan friendly)
- 3 drops red food coloring (vegan friendly)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 180C and grease a medium square or rectangle cake pan.
- Cream margarine and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract followed by 1/2 the egg mixture. Beat until combined and add the rest of the egg mixture and combine well.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add to the mixture, alternating with the soy milk to form a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture into three equal parts. Into one mix the cocoa, In the second mix through the red food colouring and leave the last plain.
- Spoon the three mixtures into stripes in the cake pan and use a knife to lightly mix the stripes (don't mix too hard or you will lose the effect.
- Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until cooked and golden.