Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Page 13, The Australian Womans Weekly, Classic Cakes cookbook. Uploaded so I have an online copy.
- Preheat oven to 180dc/160dc fan forced. Grease deep 22cm round or 19cm square cake pan. line base with baking paper.
- beat butter, extract and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in sifted flour and milk, in two batches.
- Divide mixture among three bowls; ting one mixture pink. Blend sifted cocoa with extra milk in a cup; stir into second mixture; leave remaining mixture plain. Drop alternative spoonfuls of mixture into pan. Pull a skewer backwards and forwards through cake mixture.
- Bake cake about 1 hour. Stand cake in pan 5 minutes before turning, topside up, onto wire rack to cool.
- Make butter frosting. Spread frosting over top of cake.
- BUTTER FROSTING.
- Beat butter in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in sifted icing sugar and milk, in two batches.