Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple marble cake...One of our favorites.
- 250 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 4 large size eggs
- 225 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Grease and line an 8 inch round baking tin.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl.Keep aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat till the mixture is smooth.
- Now mix flour and milk alternately in the mixture.
- Mix well till the batter is smooth.
- Divide this batter into 2 portions.
- In one portion add cocoa powderand mix well.
- First pour 1/2 of the plain batter in the tin then the cocoa batter and then the remaining plain batter.
- Using a knife/back of spoon, swirl the cocoa batter into the plain batter to give a marble effect.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 40-45 minutes or until the cake gets golden on top.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes,then invert on a dish.
- Let cool,cut in slices and serve.