Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- Cheesecake layer 1 8 oz.
- package cream cheese 1/2 cup sugar 1 egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 14 oz.
- semi sweet chocolate chips In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the butter and chocolate.
- Cover and microwave on high for one to two minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour and the baking powder until blended.
- Spread into a greased microwave safe 8 inch square dish and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat cream cheese on high for 45-60 seconds or until softened and then stir until smooth.
- Beat and sugar egg and vanilla.
- Spoon over brownie batter and cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Shield corners of the dish with triangles of foil.
- Place the disk on a inverted microwave safe saucer.
- Cook uncovered at 70% power for 11-13 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, rotating a 1/2 turn after 5 minutes.
- Heat on high for one minute.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator.