Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Kraft, a nice dip to serve with fruit or a spread on toast or bagels.
Make and share this Maraschino Dip or Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, drained & chopped
- 1 tablespoon cherry syrup (from the can or jar)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth, blend in milk.
- Add cherries, syrup & almonds, mix well and chill.
- Serve with cracker biscuits or fresh fruit or spread on bagels.
I loved the cherry and cheese combination with the crunchy almonds (I used sliced almonds, not slivered). I scaled this way back since it was just me using 3-4 cherries and a little juice and didn't add any milk because I thought the consistency was perfect! I wasn't sure what to serve it on this time... although after tasting I was thinking that those thin ginger snaps would be just the thing! (too bad I didn't have any) Made for ZWT4.
Nice mellow spread. Everyone enjoyed it. I used a 227g cream cheese brick since that is the standard size in the US. I added extra cherries and a tad more juice so it wouldn't seem so cream cheesy. This definitely needs to chill a bit to allow the flavors to meld.
I made this for myself, as an afternoon snack with graham crackers. Wonderful flavor, and I appreciated the crunch from the almonds. I can definitely see making this for a shower or to share with friends, served with fruit or gingersnaps. Thanks for sharing a tasty recipe, **Mandy**!