PERFECT PERFECT for a yummy Christmas cookie and sooo cute too! Got this recipe from Cooksrecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 1 tsp juice.
- 2Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder in large bowl, mix well.
- 3Put butter and sugar in medium bowl and beat with mixer on medium for 3-4 minutes or until well blended.
- 4Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- 5Add flour mixture, mix well.
- 6Put chocolate chips and milk in small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- 7Stir in reserved maraschino cherry juice.
- 8Let chocolate cool slightly.
- 9Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking pan.
- 10Push centers in with thumb and spoon 1 tsp of chocolate mixture into each thumbprint.
- 11Top with a cherry.
- 12Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- 13Remove and cool completely.
- 14Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maraschino Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2110.7
- Calories from Fat 708
- Total Fat 78.7 g
- Saturated Fat 47.1 g
- Cholesterol 229.9 mg
- Sodium 778.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 356.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.7 g
- Sugars 256.8 g
- Protein 22.1 g