Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
PERFECT PERFECT for a yummy Christmas cookie and sooo cute too! Got this recipe from Cooksrecipes.com
- Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 1 tsp juice.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder in large bowl, mix well.
- Put butter and sugar in medium bowl and beat with mixer on medium for 3-4 minutes or until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, mix well.
- Put chocolate chips and milk in small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Stir in reserved maraschino cherry juice.
- Let chocolate cool slightly.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking pan.
- Push centers in with thumb and spoon 1 tsp of chocolate mixture into each thumbprint.
- Top with a cherry.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Made these cookies and they were surprisingly bad. They did not have enough sugar, vanilla and or probably not enough butter either since they were a bit dry. These cookies did however have to much unsweetened chocolate powder and would cut this down by 1/4 cup. Gag. This cookie tasted like a dried up truffle gone bad. I would suggest if making these to not use semi-sweet chocolate chips melted but instead melt some Hershey's Milk Choclate. The recipe itself is a good idea but a real chef needs to remake the actual ingredients. They taste bad.
THESE WERE GREAT! I made the mix as a present and then they cooked the cookies these didn't last past the first serving and next time I'll have to double the recipe THANK YOU!
A wonderful Christmas cookie. I rolled mine in red/green/white jimmies before I "thumbprinted" them. Taste great, look pretty. Thank you for posting this one!