Recipe by greyghost
PERFECT PERFECT for a yummy Christmas cookie and sooo cute too! Got this recipe from Cooksrecipes.com
Top Review by KTandAL
Made these cookies and they were surprisingly bad. They did not have enough sugar, vanilla and or probably not enough butter either since they were a bit dry. These cookies did however have to much unsweetened chocolate powder and would cut this down by 1/4 cup. Gag. This cookie tasted like a dried up truffle gone bad. I would suggest if making these to not use semi-sweet chocolate chips melted but instead melt some Hershey's Milk Choclate. The recipe itself is a good idea but a real chef needs to remake the actual ingredients. They taste bad.
- 2 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 1 tsp juice.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder in large bowl, mix well.
- Put butter and sugar in medium bowl and beat with mixer on medium for 3-4 minutes or until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, mix well.
- Put chocolate chips and milk in small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Stir in reserved maraschino cherry juice.
- Let chocolate cool slightly.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking pan.
- Push centers in with thumb and spoon 1 tsp of chocolate mixture into each thumbprint.
- Top with a cherry.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.