Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
PERFECT PERFECT for a yummy Christmas cookie and sooo cute too! Got this recipe from Cooksrecipes.com
- Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 1 tsp juice.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder in large bowl, mix well.
- Put butter and sugar in medium bowl and beat with mixer on medium for 3-4 minutes or until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour mixture, mix well.
- Put chocolate chips and milk in small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Stir in reserved maraschino cherry juice.
- Let chocolate cool slightly.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking pan.
- Push centers in with thumb and spoon 1 tsp of chocolate mixture into each thumbprint.
- Top with a cherry.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.