- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 2⁄3 cup milk (approx)
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 4 mini loaf pans (6 x 3 x 2).
- Drain cherry syrup into measuring cup.
- Add enough milk to measure 1 cup.
- Set cherries aside.
- In a large bowl, on low speed, beat flour, brown sugar, cherry milk, butter, eggs, baking powder and salt for 2 minutes or until just blended.
- Stir in nuts and cherries.
- Pour evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until pick in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight for best flavor and easier slicing.