Recipe by ziggy
This makes a pretty spring birthday cake.
Top Review by BestTeenChef
This cake was simple to make a tasted great! I used an bunst pan and i had to cook mine for about an hour.I iced it with the frosting Cherry Angel Food Cake & Cherry Fluff Frosting Recipe #118617 This was a great treat for valentines day!
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 16 maraschino cherries, cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 4 egg whites, unbeaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake pans.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add shortening, milk and flavoring. Beat 2 minutes.
- Add another 1/3 cup milk and unbeaten egg whites. Beat 2 minutes more.
- Pour cake batter into prepared cake pan(s).
- Frost with your favorite white frosting using cherry juice for liquid called for in recipe.
- Decorate with stems on maraschino cherries.