This makes a pretty spring birthday cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake pans.
- 2Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 3Add shortening, milk and flavoring. Beat 2 minutes.
- 4Add another 1/3 cup milk and unbeaten egg whites. Beat 2 minutes more.
- 5Pour cake batter into prepared cake pan(s).
- 6Frost with your favorite white frosting using cherry juice for liquid called for in recipe.
- 7Decorate with stems on maraschino cherries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maraschino Cake
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.6
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 527.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
maraschino cherry juice