Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love granola, but I don't like all of the blends that are out there. So, I put several together and I have all the things in it that I like. This is one delicious recipe. Just the right taste, I think. NOTE: If you like, any dried fruit may be added to your bowl just before eating.
- 10 cups rolled oats
- 12 ounces wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups safflower oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- In a huge bowl mix first 8 ingredients, stirring till all are combined; (I use a huge stainless steel bowl and then leave it in that to bake the granola).
- Add the oil, brown sugar, vanilla mixed with 2 tablespoons of water and salt.
- Warm the honey in the microwave so that it will be thin and mix better.
- Mix very well.
- Put onto a huge baking sheet or leave in the stainless bowl.
- If you do this, push the granola up the sides so all areas are exposed.
- Bake 300 degrees for 1 hour, mixing every 10 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it so that it doesn't brown too much in the last 10 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Dump it out on paper towels or a large brown paper bag and cool.
- Put in large container and keep in refrigerator because of the oil.