Recipe by Lady Lisette
Sweet, savory, and exotic. This is excellent served over saffron rice or even spaghetti squash. Recipe can be doubled or halved without affecting the results.
Top Review by L.A. Stewart
Agree with Snicklefritzie...it wasn't bad at all, it just needed a little something, and I can't figure out what it needs either. But it was good and my family ate it all. I served it over spinach cous cous. Thank you so much for sharing! LA :-)
- 4 chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with spice mixture.
- In a large pot heat oil over med-high heat.
- Cook chicken, in batches if necessary, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook about 5 minutes until soft and begining to brown.
- Add garlic to pan and cook 1 minute longer.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add orange juice.
- Cover, reduce hear and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer another 15 minutes until sauce begins to thicken. You may have to stir regularly to prevent sticking and burning.