- 12 ears fresh corn
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced (be careful when cutting to protect your eyes, wash your hands after handling)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the corn from the cob. Scrape the cobs with the blunt edge of the knife to remove the "milk." Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, and water. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add salt, jalapeno, and cayenne and cook until corn is very tender, 20-30 minutes more.