1/4 Photos of Maque Choux (Cajun Corn Sautee)
A spicy cajun corn dish perfect with chicken or shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the corn from the cob. Scrape the cobs with the blunt edge of the knife to remove the "milk." Set aside.
- 2Heat the butter in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden and soft, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add corn, tomatoes, and water. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- 4Add salt, jalapeno, and cayenne and cook until corn is very tender, 20-30 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maque Choux (Cajun Corn Sautee)
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 164.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: