Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
We grew up eating this in Chinese restaurant. It's quite expensive so i researched and came up with this recipe. Really good! I have been making it for 7 years now.
- 8 piece bean curd (tokwa)
- 236.59 ml oil (for frying)
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 250 g ground pork or 250 g shrimp
- 22.18 ml black bean garlic sauce (lee kum kee)
- 14.79 ml chili-garlic sauce (lee kum kee)
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml cornstarch, mix in
- 14.79 ml water
- 29.58 ml spring onions, chopped
- Cut bean curd into 2 forming two triangles.
- You should have 16 all in all.
- Fry bean curd till golden.
- Set aside.
- Heat a little oil and stir fry garlic.
- Add in ground pork or shrimp.
- Saute till no longer pink.
- Add black bean garlic sauce, garlic sauce, soy and stock.
- Let simmer awhile.
- Correct seasoning, add more chili if you want it hotter.
- Thicken with cornstarch mixed in water.
- Put back all the cooked tofu in the sauce.
- Let it simmer in low heat until flavor gets absorbed.
- Garnish with spring onions.