Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
These chops have a sweet, slightly spicy flavor that my whole family loves. Serve with mashed potatoes because you will love the sauce served on them as well! This recipe came from our local school cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brown the pork chops in a skillet.
- Arrange the chops in an even layer in a baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the chops.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- Remove the covering and continue baking for 15 minutes more.
- You may thicken the sauce if you desire with a little cornstarch/water mixture.
This did not turn out well for me. The seasoning was too faint and the meat ended up somewhat dry. It tasted as though it "steamed." Maybe cooking for the whole time uncovered would correct the problem.
Thank you Chef Paula! This was a yummy dish, I changed a couple of things since I didn't have chili powder on hand I used some curry powder and I used 1/4 cup Cold Hollow Apple Cider and 1/4 cup of water and baked for 45 minutes.
This is way too easy to be this good! I made garlic mashed potatoes with this and the combo was delicious. A recipe that is good enough for company but why wait? Thanks!