Recipe by ~Paula~
These chops have a sweet, slightly spicy flavor that my whole family loves. Serve with mashed potatoes because you will love the sauce served on them as well! This recipe came from our local school cookbook.
Top Review by evewitch
This did not turn out well for me. The seasoning was too faint and the meat ended up somewhat dry. It tasted as though it "steamed." Maybe cooking for the whole time uncovered would correct the problem.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 pork chops, 1 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brown the pork chops in a skillet.
- Arrange the chops in an even layer in a baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the chops.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- Remove the covering and continue baking for 15 minutes more.
- You may thicken the sauce if you desire with a little cornstarch/water mixture.